It is a fact that in the past few years, the trend to get admission in a foreign medical university , especially in Kyrgyzstan, China and Russia has greatly increased. The reason is that MBBS study in these countries especially in Kyrgyzstan is relatively cheaper than MBBS study in Pakistan. But have you ever tried to know the actual standards of study in these medical universities???
Admission In a Foreign Medical University
The fact is that there are quite a few students who really do actual and fact-finding research before getting admission into a foreign medical university. Students usually believe in the information provided to them by agents of various agencies. They don’t realize that they are doing these things just for the sake of money. They get commission and profit on each and every student. And another fact is that they sponsor many YouTube channels and academies for their promotion. These YouTubers etc promote them just for money but a sad reality is that students usually believe them and get admission into an unknown medical university that they have not even seen.
Complaints of already admitted students:
But with the increase in this trend of getting admission in foreign medical universities, the complaints about these universities began to increase tremendously.
These complaints are of many types. We can’t mention all of them but a few of them are mentioned below:
- In many cases, it so happens that when a student goes abroad after getting admission into a medical university he is told that he is admitted into another university that is unknown to him. It means that he paid money for another university, he was charged for another university, but he is given admission in another one. This is one of the commonest scams in such cases.
- In many cases, it so happens that the university to which he is admitted does not even have its own building. Many students have reported that many universities are operating in a few rented rooms in various buildings.
- In the medical field, practice is a major component of study for a medical student, but there are many universities that don’t even have their own hospital, or a very small hospital even if present, and still they are admitting thousands of students per year.
- In the beginning, they tell you that there are separate hostels for boys and girls, but in many cases, it is reported that many hostels are combined. It means that boys and girls live within the same hostels and same rooms even. It is totally unacceptable for Muslim students of Pakistan, especially for girls.
So, these are just a few points that expose this biggest scam of the medical field. So, please think twice before getting admission into a foreign medical university. We will recommend you not to take admission into cheap foreign medical universities especially in Kyrgyzstan, Russia, and China.
But, if you still want to do so, we are here to help you out.
Actually, in this situation, PMC has issued green, grey, and blacklists of medical universities. We don’t exactly know that to what extent they have investigated before publishing this list, but still, it will be helpful for students for selecting a better university.
There are total 3 lists published by PMC as follows
Any college which is NOT on this GREEN LIST is NOT Recognized irrespective of whether it is listed or not on the Grey or Black List
GREY LIST – Colleges under assessment for purposes of recognition as per criteria determined by the Council.
Verifications are awaited from the public authorities and government of the country in which the college is based.
Any college that is verified will be moved to the Green List.
Any college not verified will be moved to the Black List
BLACKLIST – Colleges assessed and refused recognition having failed to meet the mandatory criteria determined by Council.
- ABC Academy Bishkek, KYRGYZSTAN
- Asian Medical Institute, KYRGYZSTAN
- Jalal-Abad State Medical University, KYRGYZSTAN
- Avicenna Medical University, KYRGYZSTAN
- Adam Medical University, KYRGYZSTAN
- International Medical University, KYRGYZSTAN
- International Medical Institute, International University of Science & Business, KYRGYZSTAN
- Jalal-Abad People’s Friendship University A. Batirov Medical Faculty, KYRGYZSTAN
- Kyrgyz-Uzbek University Medical Faculty, KYRGYZSTAN
- Royal Metropolitan Medical University, KYRGYZSTAN
- S. Tentishev Asian Medical Institute, KYRGYZSTAN
- Salymbekov University Faculty of Medicine, KYRGYZSTAN
- Scientific Research Medical Social Institute, KYRGYZSTAN
- International Atatürk-Alatoo University Faculty of Medicine, KYRGYZSTAN
Be aware Before applying to these colleges.
Colleges may reapply after one year and have fulfilled the mandatory criteria
PMC has not yet clarified the future of students who are already admitted into blacklisted medical universities.